wikiHow is a “wiki,” similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. To create this article, volunteer authors worked to edit and improve it over time.
People place a lot of importance on sun and moon signs in astrology, but what about your Venus sign? You might have a vague idea that the Venus sign is connected to your love life, but it's so much more than that! In this article, we'll walk you through how to find your Venus sign and help you interpret what it means for your life.
Section 1 of 3:How do I find my Venus sign?
- Use an online Venus sign calculator to quickly find your Venus sign. Enter your full date of birth and the city you were born in. In very rare cases, your Venus sign might fall between 2 signs, so a calculator might ask for your exact birth time in order to give you an accurate result.XResearch source
- If you don’t know details about your birth, ask your parent or check your birth certificate.
- A standard birth chart will also show you your Venus sign, so feel free to use an online natal chart, too.
Section 2 of 3:What does a Venus sign reveal?
- 1Your Venus sign shows how you feel and express love. At its simplest, Venus represents love. However, there's more to it—your Venus sign tells you how you perceive love and what you're looking for in a romantic relationship. It can also reveal how you show love to others.XResearch source
- A person's Venus sign can also point out your social behavior patterns like how friendly or outgoing you are.
- You might also learn how you relate to others or how you show that you care.
- 2Your Venus sign reveals your attachment to material things. Venus is also the sign of money, aesthetics, and art, so your Venus sign explains your attraction to material wealth or beauty.
- For instance, a person's Venus sign can explain why some people love hitting museums or cultural centers.XResearch source
Section 3 of 3:Interpreting the 12 Venus Signs
- 1Venus in Aries: You're fiery and passionate, even playful when it comes to love. You love the thrill of the chase when it comes to a relationship, although you do enjoy settling down with someone who lets you take the lead.XResearch source Since you're fiercely loyal, wait to give your heart to someone who truly deserves you.
- 2Venus in Taurus: You're seductive and sensual when it comes to relationships. Although you love the idea of romance and luxury, you are a grounded, practical lover. Just take care not to be too possessive of your partner and give them the space they need to grow.
- 3Venus in Gemini: You're a natural charmer and you make romantic partners feel like the center of the universe. However, you love meeting new people and flirting, so it takes a lot to get you to settle down. If you start to feel restless in love, spice things up with thrilling dates that are intellectually stimulating.
- 4Venus in Cancer: You emotionally connect with people on a deep level—this can make you search out committed partners. They'll be rewarded with your constant love and affection. You tend to spoil your partner, and you expect absolute loyalty in return.
- 5Venus in Leo: You love being loved! You want to be the center of the relationship—you feel like your partner should support you and pamper you. Although it's wonderful being in a relationship, don't forget to watch your ego and look out for your partner's needs.
- 6Venus in Virgo: You're an attentive nurturer when it comes to relationships. While romance isn't your forte, you're great at finding practical ways to show your love. You're the person who will surprise a partner with that thoughtful gift they didn't know they needed. Just don't expect too much out of a partner and learn to appreciate what they have to offer.
- 7Venus in Libra: You love being in relationships and people are drawn to your charismatic personality. You're a sweet and considerate lover, so your partner will feel valued. Although you value harmony in relationships, don't compromise too much or you may resent your partner.
- 8Venus in Scorpio: You look for meaningful connections, but you don't entrust your heart easily. You're a great listener and your mysterious nature naturally draws people to you. Enjoy the connection you can form with someone, but don't keep too many secrets.
- 9Venus in Sagittarius: You're warm and adventurous in love. You want to experience new places with someone you love, so you attract people who are open to new things. Relationships can feel magical until routine sets in, so keep the spark alive.
- 10Venus in Capricorn: You're pragmatic about love and you expect a lot from a partner. You're not looking for drama or high emotion—you want a steady relationship with someone you can trust. The good news is you have true power couple capability if you've got a supportive partner.
- 11Venus in Aquarius: You're not into the classic idea of romance—you're looking for a quirky friendship with someone who shares your unique perspective. You want to be with someone who's flexible and won't tie you down. As long as you keep your options open and enjoy the ride, you'll be fine!
- 12Venus in Pisces: You're a gentle partner who loves the idea of romance. As one of the most sensitive signs of the zodiac, you pour all of your love into a relationship. However, that doesn't mean you're looking to commit—you expect to be surprised by your partner or the relationship can become stale.