This article was co-authored by Alysha Jeney, MA, LMFT and by wikiHow staff writer, Jessica Gibson. Alysha Jeney is a Licensed Relationship Therapist, the Owner of Modern Love Counseling, and the Co-Founder of The Modern Love Box. She specializes in relationship therapy, intimacy building, and existential exploration. Alysha holds a BA in Psychology from The Metropolitan State University of Denver and an MA in Marriage and Family Therapy/Counseling from Regis University. She has been featured in publications such as The Washington Post and The Huffington Post.
There are 11 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page.
This article has been viewed 1,108 times.
Most people think of dinner as the most romantic meal, but breakfast can give it a run for its money! Serving your partner breakfast not only surprises them but makes them feel really special. If you're wondering what to serve first thing in the morning, we've got you covered. Read through our comprehensive guide to make a romantic breakfast that your partner is sure to remember.
1 1 of 11:Assemble a colorful yogurt parfait.
- Whip up a cool, sweet parfait to make a light romantic meal. It's easy to get carried away with really filling breakfast options, but if you're trying to set the mood, a light meal is a great idea. Layer lightly sweetened yogurt with fresh fruit, nuts, or granola.
- For a healthy option, use chia seeds! You can even prep a chia breakfast bowl the night before.
2 2 of 11:Slice up some fresh fruit.
- You can never go wrong with sweet flavorful fruit that's in season. Strawberries automatically come to mind as being a romantic fruit—probably because they make a dish look extra special and they're so sweet. Set out a bowl of sliced melon, poached rhubarb, or chilled grapes for your honey to nibble on throughout the morning.XResearch source
- If berries or melons aren't in season, don't stress. You can buy frozen raspberries and cook them. Then, spoon the sauce over waffles or pancakes.
3 3 of 11:Make fancy toast.
- Upgrade a piece of bread into something special if you don't have cooking skills. If you want to keep your romantic breakfast simple or you just don't want to spend all morning in the kitchen, buy a loaf of high-quality bakery bread. Toast it and top it with one of these flavorful combinations:XResearch source
- Almond butter with mango slices
- Ricotta with fresh blueberries
- Cream cheese with fresh fig slices
- Smashed avocado with crumbled bacon
- Slices of ripe tomato with a drizzle of olive oil
4 4 of 11:Cook your partner’s favorite egg dish.
- Make breakfast memorable by taking time to cook. Eggs might not seem terribly romantic, but with a few special ingredients, you can make a really romantic meal. Take scrambled eggs for instance—top them with caviar, smoked salmon, or fresh dill. If you've got more prep time, consider making one of these classic egg dishes:XResearch source
5 5 of 11:Impress them with stuffed crepes.
- Buy or make homemade crepes and set out lots of fillings. Sure, crepes might seem a little delicate or fiddly, but your partner will be impressed that you wanted to serve something extra special. Here are a few delicious ideas for fillings that your partner will love:XResearch source
- Lemon curd and sliced strawberries
- Nutella and banana slices
- Greek yogurt and honey
- Spinach and ricotta
- Smoked salmon and cream cheese
- Ham and swiss cheese
6 6 of 11:Assemble breakfast burritos or tacos.
- Impress your partner with a flavorful and filling meal. If you're making a romantic meal that you know has to get your partner through the rest of the morning, reach for a protein-rich dish. Char some tortillas and top them with beans, cheese, roasted veggies, or scrambled eggs.XResearch source
- To spice things up, set out your partner's favorite salsa or hot sauce.
7 7 of 11:Go classic with waffles or pancakes.
- Enjoy a leisurely breakfast where you cook their top breakfast picks. Maybe your partner loves waffles—cook them to order and set out lots of toppings like maple syrup, whipped cream, chocolate chips, fresh fruit, shredded cheese, or crumbled bacon.XResearch source
- If you don't feel like standing over the stove cooking pancakes or waffles, try a make-ahead french toast casserole that you can toss in the oven before your partner wakes up.
- Play around with special flavors, too! Try lemon ricotta pancakes or pumpkin spice waffles for instance.
- For a sweet Valentine's day breakfast, cook waffles in a heart-shaped waffle iron. Then, top them with sliced strawberries and whipped cream.
8 8 of 11:Make a batch of muffins or breakfast bread.
- Treat your partner to something sweet! If you know they love chocolate, for instance, make double chocolate chip muffins or chocolate-zucchini breakfast bread. To make the meal extra special, set out whipped cream or strawberries on the side.XResearch source
- If your partner isn't a big fan of baked goods, it's completely fine to keep things simple. Set out a baguette or English muffins along with jam, salted butter, or clotted cream.
9 9 of 11:Bake a batch of flaky pastries.
- Keep things simple with decadent baked goods. You can prep these ahead of time and pop them in the oven early in the morning, or bake them the night before so all you have to do is set them out. If you're really crunched for time, head to your favorite bakery and pick out a special selection of treats. Here are some wonderful ideas to get you started:XResearch sourceAdvertisement
10 10 of 11:Brew a pot of coffee or tea.
- Set out cups, so you two can sip on a nice hot beverage with your meal. If your partner enjoys coffee, take the time to grind their favorite beans and brew them a fresh pot. If they're more of a tea-drinker, steep their go-to blend and set out milk and sugar. They'll be touched that you thought of everything!XResearch source
- If your partner prefers non-dairy milk like oat milk or almond milk, set that out for them. They'll be impressed with your thoughtfulness.
11 11 of 11:Whip up mimosas or bellinis.
- Fruity cocktails are a great way to celebrate a special breakfast. Blend pureed peaches with sparkling wine to make a bellini or top orange juice with champagne for a classic mimosa. If your partner prefers something savory, mix up a spicy Bloody Mary.XResearch source
- For a toasty cocktail, add Irish cream and whisky to a mug of hot coffee. Top your Irish Coffee with freshly whipped cream.
- If you're garnishing a cocktail for Valentine's day, slice a strawberry in half so it looks like a heart. Then, stick it onto a cocktail pick and place it in the drink.
- Surprise your partner with their favorite meal. If you don’t know how to make it, watch a how-to video to watch someone preparing it.
- If you're serving the romantic breakfast in bed, arrange the food nicely on a serving tray and set out fresh flowers.XResearch source