This article was written by Darlene Antonelli, MA. Darlene Antonelli is a Technology Writer and Editor for wikiHow. Darlene has experience teaching college courses, writing technology-related articles, and working hands-on in the technology field. She earned an MA in Writing from Rowan University in 2012 and wrote her thesis on online communities and the personalities curated in such communities.
This article has been viewed 93,452 times.
Private Snapchat stories are shared with specific people and not visible to the public. If you are in a story and don't want to be, you can remove yourself, like leaving a group. This wikiHow will teach you how to remove yourself from a private Snapchat story using the mobile app.
- 1Open Snapchat
- If you aren't logged into Snapchat, you'll first need to tap LOG IN and enter your email address and password before proceeding.
- 2Tap the tab. It's the two people icon at the bottom of your screen to the right of the default camera tab and a list of stories will display along the top of your screen.
- You can also swipe left to open this tab.
- 3Tap to a story you want to remove yourself from. The story will have a padlock icon if it's set as private.
- 4Tap and hold your finger on the screen until a menu pops up. Once you see the pop-up, you can stop pressing the screen.
- 5Tap . It's usually the first option in the menu.
- 6Tap . You'll need to confirm your action before you can actually leave the story. No one else in the private story will be notified that you have left.
- If you can't remove yourself from a story, your app may be out-of-date. Update it and try again.
- If you still can't remove yourself from a story, it might have already been taken down or past the 24-hour expiration time. XResearch source
About This Article
1. Open Snapchat.
2. Tap the Friends tab.
3. Tap a story you want to remove yourself from.
4. Tap and hold your finger on the screen until a menu pops up.
5. Tap Leave Story and Leave.