🤧😣🤩 How to
Create Cornstarch Playdough
🤧😣🤩 Where access to comprehensive step-by-step instructions in multiple languages enables billions of people to improve their lives, in ordinary and extraordinary ways.
🤧😣🤩 That's the world we want to create.
We’re looking for a few talented, collaborative, delightful employees with an interest in education to join our cause. Are you in?
- wikiHow is the only company in the Comscore top 150 that has under 30 employees.
- wikiHow helps 100 million people every month, in 19 languages. We have ambitions to push our mission much further.
- wikiHow is completely remote friendly. We have people working from Washington, Oregon, Colorado, and beyond, but we love having a homey office to work in when we can. You can find our office, the wikiHaus, in downtown Palo Alto, California. Bonus: we’re just 3 blocks from the Palo Alto Caltrain Station!
- wikiHow is considered one of the Internet’s most influential websites.
What sets us apart?
- We value our mission over short-term goals: We take our mission very seriously.
- Our team consists of a rare breed: humble, high-performers.
- Each of us is insanely productive. Our small team of 29 people is competing with mega corporations with hundreds of employees. And beating them!
- Huge number of users + Small team = Your work will make an immediate, noticeable impact on millions of people.
“Well, wikiHow about that?”
-- The Big Bang Theory
- We love coming to work every day. Working with intelligent people to accomplish something globally ambitious is intrinsically satisfying.
- We are profitable and growing. We are self-funded. We refuse VC money on a regular basis. Investors don’t make our decisions, we do.
- Our small, cohesive team is gender balanced.
- We’re often wrong (and that’s OK). Making mistakes show that we are innovating. We love to innovate.
- We like walking. We even have a few treadmill desks.
- Find us working outside on a sunny California day overlooking our own organic garden, with fresh seasonal vegetables ready to be picked or taken home.
- We don't think working long start-up hours is healthy. We work hard and productively, then go enjoy rich lives outside of work.
- We like to share. We develop open source software and Creative Commons licensed content.
- We pay top performers well.
- We are better in person than on TV. We're delightfully quirky (but you probably figured that out already).
- Just because we’re remote doesn’t mean we don’t enjoy team bonding! We love taking time for online games, the occasional virtual ice cream tasting, and live team meetups.
One Thing to Keep In Mind
🤧😣🤩 wikiHow is not hoping to be acquired or looking for a quick financial exit. We're already profitable, financially stable, and we all love working here, so we aren't in a rush to sell out. Selling might mean the end to a product that we all love working on. It is an amazing feeling to work on such a popular, high-impact product! That amazing feeling makes us smile when we wake up every day. If all of this sounds appealing to you, we encourage you to apply. If this is a bummer, then that’s okay too, we probably aren't the best fit for you right now, and that’s totally fine!
• 401(k) Plan with Company Match*
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
• Continuing Education Reimbursement
• Paid Time Off and Holidays
• Downtown Palo Alto
• Transportation Plan
• Gender-Balanced Team